Terms and Conditions for Project’s Creators.
Welcome to soundeon.com (the “Site”) Terms and Conditions Page for Project’s Creators. This website is owned and operated by Soundeon OÜ, a company established under the laws of Estonia.
We are happy to provide you access to our website and services. By using our website and/or services we provide, you agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions as well as these Terms and Conditions for Project’s Creators.
- How Soundeon Platform works
Soundeon provides a platform for music projects creators. When an artist posts a project on Soundeon, they’re inviting other people to form a contract with them. Anyone who support a project is accepting the creator’s offer, and forming that contract.
When a project is successfully funded, the artist must complete the project and fulfill its obligations:
- Create a project in accordance with a description on a Campaign page. The result of the project creation should be an audio or video recording of a music work (an album or a single) performed by artist within the final project’s goal description.
- Submit music works described above – a result of this music project creation – for a distribution via an approved by Soundeon distributor with the purpose to collect royalty payments in all relevant distribution channels.
- Provide Soundeon with all available reports related to royalty payments received for each required music work.
- Collect royalty payment in accordance with disbursement schedule provided by a distributor.
- Submit a required percentage of royalty payments to Soundeon within the goal of their distribution among participated fans.
Once a musician has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their fans.
Throughout the process, musician owe their fans a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a dedication to bringing the project to life. At the same time, fans must understand that they’re not buying something when they support a project—they’re helping to create something new, but not ordering something that already exists.
If a musician is unable to complete their project and fulfill rewards, they’ve failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement. To right this, they must make every reasonable effort to find another way of bringing the project to the best possible conclusion for fans.
The creator is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their project. If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by fans.
2. Terms for project’s creators:
- We’ll charge our fees before putting funds in your account. Soundeon and its payment partners will subtract fees before transmitting the proceeds of a campaign.
- Some pledges can’t be collected, which might reduce the amount of funding you get. Because some payments can’t be collected—for instance, when a fan’s credit card expires before funding receives, and they don’t provide updated information—we can’t guarantee that the amount of funding you receive will be exactly equal to the full amount pledged minus fees.
- Prepare for potential delays. there may be a delay between the end of a successful campaign and your access to the funds. And don’t take any actions in reliance on collecting any of the money pledged until you actually have the ability to withdraw it from your account and spend it.
3. Your intellectual property.
Soundeon doesn’t own content you submit to us (your “Content”). But we do need certain licenses from you in order to perform our Services. When you submit a project for review, or launch a project, you agree to these terms:
- We can use the Content you’ve submitted. You grant to us, and others acting on our behalf, the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialize, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect to your Content. In general, we use this Content to promote projects and showcase our community on the website.
- When we use the Content, we can make changes, like editing or translating it. You grant us the right to edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, delete, or translate any of your Content.
- You won’t submit stuff you don’t hold the copyright for (unless you have permission). Your Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material, or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material (and to grant Soundeon all the license rights outlined here).
- Any royalties or licensing on your Content are your responsibility. You will pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your Content, or on Soundeon’s hosting of that Content.
- You promise that if we use your Content, we’re not violating anyone’s rights or copyrights. If Soundeon or its users exploit or make use of your submission in the ways contemplated in this agreement, you promise that this will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including (without limitation) any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- You’re responsible for the stuff you post. All information submitted to the Platform, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom that Content originated.
- We’re not responsible for mistakes in your Content. Soundeon will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any Content.
4. Our Fees
We only charge our 5% fee on successfully funded projects, in addition to any fees from our payment partners.
Creating an account on Soundeon is free. If you create a project that reaches its funding goal, we collect a 5% fee and our payment partners collect fees. Our partners’ fees may vary based on your location.
We will not collect any fees without giving you a chance to review and accept them. If our fees ever change, we’ll announce that on our Site. Some funds pledged by fans are collected by payment providers. Each payment provider is its own company, and Soundeon isn’t responsible for its performance.
You’re responsible for paying any additional fees or taxes associated with your use of Soundon.
5. Our rights
To operate, we need to be able to maintain control over what happens on our website. So in this section, we reserve the right to make decisions to protect the health and integrity of our system. We don’t take these powers lightly, and we only use them when we absolutely have to.
To protect the health and integrity of our system and to help ensure that creators and backers enjoy a safe and secure environment, Soundeon reserves these rights:
- We have the right to decide who’s eligible to use Soundeon. We may in limited circumstances impose restrictions or limitations on accounts, or—for particularly significant or repeated violations of our Terms or any other rules on the Site, like our Community Guidelines and rules for starting projects—we may cancel accounts or decline to offer our Services. (Especially if you’re abusing them.) We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use Soundeon in that jurisdiction.
- We have the right to cancel pledge to any project, at any time and for any reason.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any project at any time and for any reason.
Soundeon is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions.